Sustainable Building Tour 2021
THURSDAY OCTOBER 7th – NOON
Bruce Duggan – Boke Consulting
- Building Name: Biomass / District Heating Plant & Harvesting Operation
- Building Location: Northlands Dënesųłiné First Nation
- Year Built: 2019
- Key Sustainable Feature: Biofuel district heating system using local wood
- Building Use: heating plant
THURSDAY OCTOBER 14th – NOON
Lancelot Coar – University of Manitoba & Robert Guilford –Harvest Moon Society
- Building Name: Clearwater buildings
- Building Location: Clearwater, Manitoba
- Year Built: 2014
- Key Sustainable Feature: Recycled Materials, Community participation
- Building Use: Visitor accommodations, restaurant, multipurpose
THURSDAY OCTOBER 21st – NOON
Dan Dicaire – OCH and Mark Carver – NRCan
- Building Name: Presland Net-Zero PEER
- Building Location: Ottawa, Ontario
- Year Built: 1960
- Key Sustainable Feature: Net Zero Energy and Net-Zero GHG
- Building Use: Residential
THURSDAY OCTOBER 28th – NOON
Traci Lesneski , Rhys MacPherson & Simona Fischer– MSR Design
- Building Name: 510 Marquette-MSR Design Studio
- Building Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Year Built: 2019
- Key Sustainable Feature: LBC Petal Certification: Materials, Beauty and Equity
- Building Use: Workplace
Book tickets to all four tours and get them for the price of two!
As always, members get an additional 50% off, so if they book all four tours, they get them for the price of one!
These tours are a part of Building Resilience: Foundation Edition,a project of the Manitoba Eco-Network in partnership with Sustainable Building Manitoba and funded in part by the Winnipeg Foundation.
Interested in becoming more involved in the sustainable building community in Manitoba? Become a member!
The newsletter is a great way to get informed. Becoming a member is the way to make an impact.
Subscribe to our mailing list below to stay up to date on events and the latest in sustainable building news in Manitoba and beyond. Receive fun and informative content ranging from podcast recommendations to opportunities to act.
Newsletters are usually sent out a couple of times a month. Opportunities for actions are blasted out as needed.
Content is welcome – get in touch!