Greener Homes Grant
With the release of the Canada Greener Homes Grant from the federal government will help homeowners make their homes more energy-efficient, create new jobs across Canada for energy advisors, grow our domestic green supply chains and fight climate change.
What’s available through the initiative? (a basic overview)
Requirements for the Initiative:Homeowners must:
- complete a pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluation (residents of Quebec and Nova Scotia need to apply directly through their provincial programs to book their EnerGuide evaluation);
- complete at least one retrofit that is both eligible and recommended by their energy advisor in their report. Only homeowners who conduct at least one retrofit will be reimbursed;
- provide and keep copies of all of their documents until March 31, 2028; and
- ensure that all products must be purchased in Canada. Online purchases are only eligible if they are ordered from an online distributor located in Canada.
What is eligible for reimbursement?
Once homeowners have completed their retrofits, they can seek reimbursement for:
- Up to $5,000 total for the implementation of eligible retrofits done after December 1, 2020.
- Up to an additional $600 for the cost of their pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide evaluations. They will not be reimbursed for the pre-retrofit evaluation unless they continue through the full Greener Homes Grant process.
Please note that EnerGuide evaluations completed prior to December 1, 2020, are not eligible for reimbursement.
Find out more at Canada Greener Homes Grant