Position is funded by Eco Canada under their Digital Skills For Youth (DS4Y) program,
please confirm that you meet their eligibility requirements prior to applying – https://eco.ca/internship/internquiz
Role Reports to the Executive Director.
Closing date is September 5th
Do you like organizing information in a way that makes it easy and fun to access? Are you looking for meaningful work that supports genuine climate action? Do you like to work both independently and as part of a team? Are you interested in crowdsourcing?
Sustainable Building Manitoba is looking for a Digital Coordinator to support our digital presence. They will help launch three web-based projects: a searchable training database, a chat-bot, and web application that allows people to share what they are doing to make their homes more energy efficient. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills,experience managing websites (WordPress), and the confidence to manage the implementation of the new web-based projects.
The Digital Coordinator will be responsible for SBM’s website and its ongoing development, and for the management of the SBM member database and support its growth.
The successful candidate will be able to develop both their digital and soft skills in the following areas:
Digital Skills Include
- Sourcing, customizing, and implementing web applications
- Database design and management
- Creating feedback systems for continuous improvement
- Technical writing for the creation of software support documentation and procedures manuals
- Technical project management
- Collecting analytics and using them to inform business decisions
- Web site management (WordPress)
- Information organization and tracking
- Creating graphics for marketing and design (Photoshop, Canva)
- Optimizing Accessibility of web sites
Soft Skills Include
- Communication (oral and written)
- Contract negotiation
- Critical thinking
- Willingness to learn & try new things
- Time Management
- Strategic Planning
- Attention to detail
A bachelor’s degree in a field such as technology, computer science, computer programming, computer engineering or marketing.
Possibility of extending position.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter you should include why you want to work for SBM and an example of a relevant project. Please make sure you fit the criteria for the position as defined by the position funder – https://eco.ca/internship/internquiz